First Virginia Loans - Made a Final Payment but FV refused to give me a receipt showing Paid in Full or a Zero Balance. They pretended to not understand why I would want proof that they had been paid off.
I started borrowing a few years ago and finally decided I was done July 2016.I re-borrowed in July because they suddenly shortened the borrow time to only 25 days, without a verbal or text warning.
I asked why and they said it is not what they do, that the new policy was written in the new contract, whichI did not receive at the time of the change. They ended up asking for over $90 more than I usually pay in interest. Instead of $116, it was over $220. I was so upset I decided to start paying it off as of July 12th 2016.
I went in and asked how much I would have to put in to pay off, and they said $80 every 2 weeks for 6 months. Keep in mind that my line of credit was $500, meaning I can only borrow $500 at max. So by 6 months they would have gotten 960? NO!
Not so. So far I have paid in full, since July 12 2016, $80 July- $160 August, $80 plus $408 in September! There is no way that means you will only pay them $460 by 6 months! If I had not paid them off yesterday, I would have put $320 into and in 2 weeks it would be as if I never did anything to lessen the amount owed!
The daily interest is not included in the by weekly payments, nor does the bi-weekly payments go toward paying off your balance! It pays the principle (the business's paychecks)This is disgusting! When I asked for a receipt proving that there is a zero balance as of the 13th of July 2016, they gave each other sly looks and a lot of smirking as they all chipped in to say that they don't do that. I asked for an email verification, they say no to that also!
There should be a law to stop these agencies from not giving final email receipts to save paper also. I asked the cashier to sign the tiny slip receipt that only shows that I came to pay but does not show the final balance paid. I feel some kind of way when people think its funny when a customer complains about what is not being done right. They were unprofessional, on Denbigh Blvd and Warwick Blvd.
I hope I am able to load the receipts online for others to see how they print out your final balance. Stop problems before they start by keeping your receipts in emails incase you need to dispute their potential future scam. Always stay alert. I am only posting to inform others to stay away from a company who does not give final receipts and they have complaints from people claiming they are capable of fraudulently asking them to pay amounts they have already paid off.
I wanted to see if my intuition was correct and seeing the reviews ahead of mine above, just confirms my concern. I will Never go back there for a loan again. I'm so relieved that I was able to walk back in that same day and give them the remained of $408. I could not see myself paying $80 or $160 another month, and come back with them saying its still almost what I borrowed left as a balance!
I had to break the cycle of borrowing from them for Good!I do not recommend that company or particular store location on Debigh.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Being done paying them off
What I disliked
- Smirking and belittling explainations
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Do not do business with the "Cash Store" or any other business of this type. They are freely willing to offer loans and don't require a credit check, but..."
- "I took out a title loan on a 1989 Mercury Topaz with Ace Cash Express. They gave me a whopping $300 (which was 40% of the cars value). When I..."
- "I've been trying for a few days to submit the loan agreement and the website keeps freezing/gets hung up on step 4!..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "Purchased a Whirlpool top loading washer a few years ago. The top lid has cracked and forces us to hold open the lid with a bungee cord and to..."
- "I ordered this Shabby Chic dress for Easter from Screaming Owl. I just received it and I am so upset about the color. In the picture, the tulle bottom looked..."
- "I bought furniture from Value city furniture 1 year and 4 months ago. they have already come out once before my warranty expired and tried to fix it, not very..."